Underfloor heating has generated a lot of attention over the past few years, as more and more homeowners choose this as their favoured heating option. In this post we are going to present you with a few quick and essential facts about underfloor heating, to give you a better understanding.
- There are two systems available – Underfloor heating contractors offer two different systems, electric and hydronic. The latter is a warm water system that is installed into the subfloor. It is ideal for homes where increasing the floor height will not be a problem. On the other hand, an electric floor heating system will not significantly increase the floor height.
- It’s the energy efficient option – You will use less energy if you opt for an underfloor heating system. This is because you will lose a lower temperature when contrasted with radiators in order to achieve the same level of comfort.
- It’s the cost efficient option – The former point has the knock-on effective of ensuring you save money. You are bound to notice reductions in your utility bills after you have had this system installed. The system will soon pay for itself.
- Even heat distribution – Underfloor heating distributes heat evenly across the entire floor area. You will not experience any cold spots. This is something that is virtually impossible to achieve via any other method of heating.
- Thermostat control – These systems are controlled with a thermostat. There are consequently many different thermostats you can invest in. If you want to have information on your energy usage and running costs you could opt for an energy-monitoring thermostat.
So there you have it – five of the most important and crucial facts regarding underfloor heating. There are many benefits to be gained by going down this route, but that is only the case if you invest in the services of quality underfloor heating installers, who can ensure the system is designed and installed to suit your home.